The present proposal is organised in the following actions to reach the objectives:
- Preparatory action: a careful planning that will be carried out in a meeting at the beginning of the Project.
- Strain selection by isolation of strains from test site and pre-screening and nutrient uptake capacities tests.
- Demonstration of the feasibility and potential of the TWIN LAYER prototype for nutrient removal (N and P) through:
- Design, construction and on-site installation of TWIN LAYER prototype at the WWTP.
- Operation, maintenance and optimization of the TWIN LAYER prototype for two years.
- Validation of the obtained results and emulation of the TWIN LAYER technology potential for replication and deployment in the EU and other geographical areas.
- Development of biofertilizers from the microalgal biomass collecteed operating the TL-prototype, by means of:
- After harvesting, drying and conditioning, full analytical characterization of microalgal biomass to evaluate its potential as biofertilizer.
- Evaluation of different microalgal biofertilizers formulations: lab test, pot greenhouse test and agronomical field trials.
- Design and production tests of new microalgae based biofertilizers (at least 3 new products) based on the results obtained in the previous characterization and agronomical testing.
- Communication and dissemination of the Project by:
- Dissemination plan, project’s logo design, notice boards, specific website, Layman’s report, press releases to mass media, participation in conferences, scientific papers, organization of workshops…
- Project management and monitoring of the Project progress through:
- Careful planning, a clear and concise work plan of control and oversight activities and the development of a contingency plan among others means.